Shift Knob Installation Instructions with Brass Adapter and Jam Nut
1. Determine correct Adapter and Jam Nut size.
2. Clean all threads prior to installation
CAUTION - DO NOT PUT ADAPTER DIRECTLY INTO SHIFT KNOB
3. Thread (silver) Jam Nut onto shifter .
4. Place flat washer on shifter above Jam Nut (for smaller shifter diameters only)
5. Thread (brass) Adapter onto shifter until it touches the Jam Nut (or flat washer)
6. Install Shift Knob onto Adapter until it becomes snug.
CAUTION - DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN
7. Turn knob counter-clockwise until graphics are in desired position
8. Turn Jam Nut counter-clockwise until it is tight against bottom of Adapter.
Shift Knob with Recessed Threads for Reverse Lock Out Installation Instructions:
1. Clean all threads prior to installation.
2. Apply a small amount of Loctite™ (preferably Blue Loctite™) type adhesive to shifter threads. We recommend using a Loctite™ type adhesive that is NOT permanent so that the shift knob will not be damaged if future removal is necessary.
3. Install Shift Knob by threading clockwise onto shifter shaft.
CAUTION - DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN. DAMAGE COULD RESULT WHICH WILL CAUSE THE SHIFT KNOB TO RATTLE OR BREAK.
5. Turn knob counter-clockwise until graphics are in desired position and the Reverse Lockout mechanism can be fully engaged and is functional.
6. Allow appropriate time for Loctite™ type adhesive to secure shift knob before using.
Installation Videos coming soon.